Thursday, October 20, 2005

Work trip - Day 1

I was alarmed at around 3:30 a.m. by SMS + call from SGP & I was left wide awake after that. Instead of closing my eyes - try to get back to sleep again, which usually takes at least ½ hour of more - I got up to do some stretching, double check the items-to-bring, wash up and make a warm cup of Ovaltine. At 5 a.m. sharp, I was sitted on the taxi & way to the airport.

Since I do not have any luggage to check-in, and after going through a fairly long security check (I was asked to switch on the notebook and login for the officer to inspect), I realized that I was among the earliest to arrive at the departure gate – it was an hour before the flight is due to take off :P While I was near to doze off, I saw my other 2 colleagues i.e. GM & G descending from the escalator, dressed smartly in their respective office wears which is a contrast of their usual casual wears in office. The flight was delayed for ½ hour due to fog in airport:(

Upon arriving at Munich airport, we board the train heading to Hauptbahnhof. I slept throughout the 45 minutes train journey. Then we exit the station and hop on a taxi, where G (who had studied German for ½ year) showed the taxi driver the printed map to our destination. However, despite the taxi driver having ‘tons’ of map kept around his & the passenger front sit, where he flipped one after another at frequent stops by the road & at red traffic light, still he did not managed to figure out the location. While the taxi driver’s quick-tempered nerves showed through his body-language, and also to get us out from being drive around by a ‘blind’ driver, GM decided to put the taxi driver on the phone with the person-in-charge. We arrived at our destination feeling very much relieved:D

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home