Monday, October 17, 2005

Mozzarella Cheese

I have always been fascinated at the variety of cheese displayed in a very large section at the supermarket, and a few stalls which specialize in selling only it at the wet market. However, I do not quite like the 'aroma' which smells like spoilt milk, especially those yellowish ones:S





As most of my friends who often eat out with me might know that I have never been adventurous when it comes to tasting new food. Probably it is out of curiousity, I was tempted by the idea to try some after having noticed that people here have cheese in their daily diet. And I also happened to meet this 15 years old teenage girl (who have just return from Tuscania for her tennis traning; Wow! She represents Italy to play tennis:O) while waiting for bus, about what cheese she enjoys eating.



Eventually, upon her recommendation, I bought Mozzarella to see & taste it myself, which she mentioned it is best eaten fresh. It makes me recalled that back in July, Pizza Hut introduced Cheesy Lava 3 Crust which uses mozzarella as one of the ingredient.

On Friday night, I gently took out the white ball shape mozzarella (soaked in water to keep it fresh) & cut it into half - for a start:P I sliced the half into thin slices to eat together with tortelli, which looks like our chinese version of 'wan tan' stuffed with cheese + spinach/meat, which is what I would call instant-but-nutricious food; throw tortellis into boiling water added with salt for few minutes, then it is ready to serve!



Eating mozzarella - as it is - is like chewing milk flavoured jelly + bubble gum! The first slice did not seems that "welcome" by my taste buds:P But after taking a few slices, it does taste like eating frozen milk + yogurt:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Saturday afternoon, I use the other half of the mozzarella for cooking! This is plainly my own experiment, as I do not know whether it can be used to cook in hot pan:P So, I added mozzarella - cut in small cubes, so that it melts easily & evenly - after I have cook shell-shaped pasta with cauliflower, red & yellow sweet Capsicum (灯笼椒) & marinated chicken fillets.

Indeed, my recipe did worked and it taste delicious:D Next time, instead of using tomato paste as pasta sauce, mozzarella does seems to be another alternative to choose from!

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home