Friday, October 14, 2005

A Pleasant Evening ...

Yesterday happened to be the last day my ex-apartment mate (from the company's Helsinki office) here in Venice, as she is leaving to Scotland for another project.

The initial plan was to go to a disco/pub, which I was informed only an hour before we take off. I was having 2nd thought then on whether I should chicken out last minute:P

Here comes 1 of mine self-confession again ...

I have never visited any disco, pub, nor KTV before until this point of my life:"> Probably I do not like the continuous bombastic loud noises of the music + people shouting over their lungs, and the typical dim settings - as of shown in movies - with disco ball party light rotating and smudging multicolor lights on the dance floor, and not forgetting, the smoke & liquor in the air - sent butterflies in my stomach!

On top of that, it is one of those 'thingy' which runs in our genes - being extremely alchohol intolerant:S A can of shandy can sent my face go red like a tomato:)) My mum will definitely be the one who remember the incident clearly. Although it had been years back when I was still in my primary standard 3, she carried 'an elephant' i.e. me, of course:P from an open-house Christmas party back to our house (luckily it was only a minute to 2 walk)! That is the first time I got drunk - without actually noticing it - drinking glass after glass of sweet & sparkling fruit punch! And I found out later that it was added with rum, brandy & XO:P No wonder, as I later recalled, I was talking so happily with my face blushing & burning with redness:D

However, after an hour of drive to the our destination (located in another city called Treviso), the guy - who we named him 'Frankenstein - The Monster' instead of Francesco (his birth name) - told us after having spoken to the muscular-dressed-in-black-coat guy (who is in charge of the guest) that reservation is required upon entering! And to our bad luck, the place is fully booked! We were already starving & shivering - it was about half past 9 then. We are forced to get our butt back into the car and drove to another place in search of FOOD - FasT! FasT! FasT!

1/2 thanks to 1 of our guy, who had happened to spent his childhood years in Treviso, but can barely remember the exact route to Montelvini. We ended walking - in cold air - for another half an hour (from where the car is parked) along the high row of defensive wall (as the guy explained, built around in the 40's to protect the city). Finally, we reached & sat down to start ordering - with the pretty pregnant lady waiting by our side. However, the guys seems to be extremely talkative the whole night, and suggested that the 'celebrity-of-the-night' would have to strip at the end of our meal - solely to satisfy their own 'appetite':P

The waiter brought us a basket of Grissini Torinesi i.e.Italian breadstick, which we gobble up in a few seconds:P Then we had some Italy Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine, where we did the "Cin Cin" (in Italian) which is similar to our Kantonese version of "Yam Seng". One of the Italian guy, Diego, who is sitted next to me explained that one should look into the other person's eyes in order to show that one is sincere in doing it.

The evening was filled with Italian + Indian + Romanian + Malaysian + Singaporean english talk, laughter & some dirty jokes (as Frankenstein always relates the 3 letter word i.e. s*x to whatever we have to talk about:P). I learned that Italian, in general, eat pasta for dinner & meat for dinner. In addition, we - the non-Italians - are supposed to learn a new language called "Italian English":))

2 Babbles:

Blogger Egghead said...

ho ho!! I tell mummy!!!!

4:01 AM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger littlegirl said...

egghead:
You go tell lah:P

makka:
It sure does bring us back to our childhood moments! How I wish we could be littel girls again:D

2:30 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home