Friday, September 30, 2005

It's My Life ...

I will switch on the TV - tuning in to the Italia MTV channel, by default - once I step into my residence unit. The noise adds a little atmosphere - to indicate some human existance - despite the silence, cold & stagnant vicinity.

Despite its released years ago, Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" MTV was aired out frequently on the channel this few days. Probably due to the fact that MTV provides an additional media for human's sensory i.e. graphical visualisation, as to compare to listening to the song over the radio, and undeniably the message sent out through the MTV clip i.e. the revival spirit of youths today to live their life in their own way, still burried in my mind until this very day.

I think I am fortunate to live a life as of how I want it to be. Prior to that, I owe my gratitude to both my parents having to bring me up to learn to be discipline, independent and assist me to know myself better each day.

I remembered my 1st year in college, where I stayed away from home for the very first time - living under the same roof with my 2nd elder brother, who is a lot of a strict fatherly figure to me than of a brother:P He once uttered the following to me when I want him to call my father to come (20 minutes drive) to take me home as I was terribly sick despite his friend offering to sent me to the nearby clinic:


"How can you prove to parents that you are independent to live on your own feet when you can't even take care of yourself?"



He has definitely make a strong statement; until this day, I can still remember every single word! (I think I need to add him in my thank-you list too:P) I certainly took his words seriously and started to think of what a person I want to be and what a life I want to live.

I am blessed that along the way, I met wonderful people who assist me - in their own unique way - to discover more about myself (especially, identifying my strength & weaknesses) in order to know what I want at different stages in life. Not forgetting Him who is always watching over me:D

One of my Sunday school teacher once taught us:


Hand your life to Him, and you will see that He makes wonders with it!



I hesitated when I heard this, since I am a person who is of little faith of myself, so not to mention about having faith in others:P But, unwittingly, I will always keep it in my prayers during the times when I am doubtful of the decisions I make in life which comes with unforeseen possibilities.

Even to my own surprise, indeed He does has His way of 'making wonders' with it, which very often gives people a false impression that I know what I want in life and how to get it:O

I realized that I maybe the one who has the will power to make decision - by putting it into action - on what I want in life. While He will always be the one who pave my way in life:D

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home