Thursday, September 22, 2005

I catch a CoLd @ FLu?

The weather is getting cold - with more frequent cold breezes and increase in humidity - as summer is giving way to fall. I noticed people on the street are covered with an extra layer of warm clothing e.g. leather jacket, wool woven fabric, scarf around the neck.

I woke up a few times in the middle of the night yesterday due to the fact that my nose is blocked:( That is the usual symptom of the beginning of my so-called 'flu-inherited-from-my-mum' which runs among us i.e. me & my brothers & sisters. I cannot remember the last time my nose 'erupt', but it certainly will be a 'disaster' when it starts:S

Eventually, it did start when I woke up this morning! I have difficulty to inhale air through my nose and I started to sneeze:( That is when I recalled my eldest brother's everyday 'preventive-best-practice' - have a warm shower every morning. However, the morning cold sensation dismissed the idea right away. So, I put on the kettle to make myself a hot cup of tea & hope that it helps; at least a little:S

Surprisingly, probably due to the office's good air circulation, my nose did 'behave' - under control - throughout the day without 'erupting' i.e. continuos, heavy flow of nasal discharge which requires boxes of tissue and I will end up with runny & red nose! A few of my colleagues (probably heard my sneezing:P) who passed by ask me whether the drop of temperature has affected me & suggest that I visit a doctor if my condition worsen. Luckily I managed to carry on the day with periodic mild sneezes and itching & watery eyes;)

2 Babbles:

Blogger Egghead said...

don't think my shower is a 'preventive-best-practice'.. is just that I don't wanna go to work smelling like some dead animal only :P

10:59 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger littlegirl said...

The fact that you are lazy to bathe! Previously you've got grandmother to yack at you, now J is taking over the role:p

4:58 PM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home