Monday, September 19, 2005

RaiNinG CaTs & DoGs - Part I

Every morning I will be waken to 'answer nature's call' at around 5 am due to low temperature at night. Then I will lazed around for a while (since I am already wide awake) before trying to drift back off to sleep. Last Saturday, I told my conscious that I will need more rest to recover from the shoulder pain - what a reason to give myself!. So I slept until 10:30 am:p

FYI, Saturday is a happenning day in Venezia, where most of the people will be swarming out to Shop! Shop! Shop! All shopping outlets (except eating outlets e.g. cafes & bars) will be closed on Sunday. On the contrary, Sunday is meant to be a holy day (or called Sabbath day, where they will visit the church) & family day (where they will relax at home, stroll in the park or piazza). Sunday is definitely a relaxation day for them. One can hardly see people walking on the street as if it is quite like a dead town!

According to my weekend plan, since I am on the lookout for a digital camera, I am to visit MediaWorld i.e. a large warehouse specialized in selling electronic & electrical appliances which is located in a wide, newly developed and deserted industry area.

~ For God knows why I had spent last Sunday's afternoon, which happened to be my birthday, walking underneath the blazing hot sun for about 3+ hours (to & fro) to check out the route to MediaWorld by muzzily tracing the direction illustrated on the map and also knowing that it will be closed on Sunday:O All thanks to one of local colleague who told me that I can't reach there by any commute! ~

With my on foot journey last Sunday, I had figured out that I can walk for 10 minutes from the apartment to the nearest bus stop and hoop on No. 3 bus to Auchan i.e. a large supermarket. From there I would need to walk around 200 km in order to arrive at MediaWorld. After all, my 'wild' adventure had reward me in some way!

The weather was at its best - with warm sun above my head:D While I waited for the bus, I called home as my youngest brother - David - is celebrating his 12 years old birthday in advance! Over the years, we have been celebrating for him at home, but this is the very 1st time that he is throwing a birthday party of his own i.e. invite his classmates & friends. He was quite upset by the fact that although he had invited 30 friends on his list & only 5 did turned up:( My mum was worried that her 3 big pots of friend mee hon will be ending up in the dustbin!

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home