Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mind went off wired...

I am in a melancholy state:S Probably what people say about "The truth is cruel" turns out to be true - at least for me at the moment. Sometimes, it is better not to ask for the truth and rather remained innocence - like Tom Hanks in Forest Gump - and let nature takes its course!

I love watching historical movies e.g. The King and I, My Fair Lady & etc which magnifies the purity of human relationship. As we are moving in the fast paced technology age and towards globalization, humans are - in general - being more complicated! Humans are building walls around themselves, in order to shield, to protect and differentiate themselves? Probably everyone has a 'space' of their own; built (whether intentionally or unintentionally) to snoop into (usually during moments when one is on their own) when one can be completely truthful to his/herself.

Recently, someone shared this with me when I posted the question (which I later find that it sure sounds a serious one:p)


"How you release yourself when you are placed into a situation which is off your own limit?"


To my surprise, his reply was that he will close his eyes and enter a dark space (I think it is something similar to a black hole), where he can contain his own thoughts within that space - and only he can, but no others. At first, I thought it was a silly idea! But when I actually put it into use, I think that when one is contained inside that virtual space, where one can be self-centered to focus & identify situation in clearer terms, and move away from other factors e.g. the people involved, the commotion & etc that make the situation looks at its worst. It had indeed added a thought or two to mine:)

It is interesting to learn why some people can manage situation in a completely calm and analytical way, which I think requires a pretty high EQ to achieve that (way to go, BLT!). As I come to know that he spent most of his time during the weekends reading science-fiction books!

Personally, I did not read a single science-fiction book before! I cannot be blamed as science-fiction materials are known to be banned items to me - thanks to my standard 6 school teacher who instill that mindset in us:p She would actually ripped it off from those who are seen reading it! Solely because she thinks that science-fiction materials will bring our mind no where or into an imaginary world, which affects our concentration in our studies. Probably now I should get myself one or two to increase my EQ a little:))

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home