Thursday, September 29, 2005

Nostalgic Memories ...

I dreamt of being back in Penang island - the place I spent the past 1+ year - in my sleep last night. Those joyful memories still continued to linger despite me not being physically present there.

How much I longed to visit the Teluk Bahang's man-made dam again! The following is a recollection of the memorable trip:

As I am not much of an adventurous person, a kindhearted Penangnite took me on a driving course along Batu Feringgi's narrow & tortuous road - undulating up and down, winding in and out of the natural curves of the north shore of Penang island - and weaves our way up to the dam. As I recall, the day was windy & with grey cloudy sky above - an indication that it will rain soon - but with vivid rays of sunlight still in view.

From the security house located at the entry point, I stood - rooted to the spoot - and gazed at the broad view of the surroundings that the nature has to offer. I was fascinated by the untouched mountains' greenary which surrounds the gigantic man-made dam. It is certainly an ideal place to clear our mind off the hustle and bustle of our daily life and let our thoughts soar!

As I walked along the straight stretch of nicely paved path, the panoramic view of the mammoth dam instantly reflects the contrast of how tiny & insignificant I was despite the fact of being one of the most unique creation of God. The thought makes me realized that I should learn to share and enjoy life and not be calculative and self-centered. It has certainly open up my view into something which I have not discover before!

1 Babbles:

Blogger Chen said...

Teluk Bahang Dam is indeed a very beautiful and scenic place..
Glad u love the place.. :)

3:45 PM, October 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home