Thursday, November 10, 2005

An embarrassing encounter

Yesterday mid-afternoon, as I was sitted at my terminal - all eyes focused on the monitor - an 'ang mo lang' came over to my place. He said "Hai! I came by yesterday and you were not around. It's nice to see you again!". My mind went stagnant for a moment - "Who is this stranger ah?" :O

As he went on talking, in my mind, I was trying to figure & relate who is this person who seems to know me, and expect me to know him as well. After he finished (as my mind was too busy spinning to listen to what he have to say), there was a moment of silence; Gosh! I still could not call him in mind! So how? Finally with a wide weird expression I asked him "Excuse me, have I been introduced to you before?". In return, he gave me the wide-eyed with surprise look and said "I am Shay from SGP office! Don't you remember me?".

I was so embarassed - my face was blushing with redness - of not having a visual record of him at all! I think I should be humbly forgiven since I was in the SGP office for only once and I stayed merely for an hour:P Now that he mentioned his name, I could relate his name instantly; we have exchange 1 or 2 brief conversation via Skype. Getting to see him in person for the first time, he definitely looks smart & handsome even after married with a child ;)

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home