Thursday, November 03, 2005

有一点安慰 :">

Ever since I joined '社会大学' 2+ years ago, from time to time, I keep this practice of asking my team leader/senior (who I worked closely with) e.g. Hui Lan, Noel & Wei Cheak for a review of my work performance. This is such that their review can help me identify my strength & weaknesses - to improve myself.

Yesterday I was having a conversation via skype with GM - the Technical Architect (another GeeK ~ NoeL!), who had returned from Munich after the completion of POC's deployment. As I & GL have been working with him on the integration part for a few weeks, so I took the opportunity to ask him too.

The following is an extraction of our conversation:


Me : I need a frank feedback from you, since you have work with me.

Me : as I always ask this to my seniors, previously ...

Me : what do u think I should improve?

Me : my weaknesses ...

GM : Well, I have been working with you for few days. Considering that this was (I believe) your first time with integration issues, you did a good job. And you look like you know how to organize your tasks and to-do. You maybe worry a little too much. For instance, you wanted confirmation before committing the sources to CVS... From the personal perspective, as you saw in munich G and I, we like to joke when we work, especially when we are under pressure. And it was nice to discover that you were joking with us. Considering the new environment, technology, collegues, I think you are doing well. You lack experience, but that will come with the time

Me : thank you for your generous comment.

Me : I really appreciate it.

GM : by the way,

Me : yes ...

GM : you flew with me to Munich

Me : and G as well

GM : because when I was asked, I chose you and not GL

Me : :O

Me : I did not know abt this

GM : because I think you worked better than he did

GM : but please don't tell him

Me : do I?

Me : probably I talk too much :P

Me : and always offend ppl ...

GM : sometimes :-)

Me
: and always interrupt ppl when he/she is speaking ...

GM : :-P

Me : btw, thank you for believing me in my work

Me : and giving me the opportunity

GM : do not thank me, you make me blush. Plus, the reason why I selected you is because I thought that that choice was giving us the better chances of successes :-)

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home