Monday, October 31, 2005

Where is EveryOnE?

I missed the 8:32 a.m bus this morning:( Since I would need to wait for another 30 minutes to catch the next, I decide to take 25+ minutes walk to work.

When I was approaching the office's car park area, I noticed that there are hardly any cars:O At this point, it perks me to check the date for today; since I recalled the distributed email last Friday highlighting that November 1st is a public holiday - All Saints day. After verifying against my mobile phone's "Organiser", today is indeed not 1st of November!

My watch shows that it was already 9:05 a.m. when I was climbing the stairs - up to the 2nd floor - where I met GL (Singaporean colleague) telling me that he had rang the bell & no one answer. FYI, both of us had not been issued the access card which is still under process. After a few minutes, a colleague of ours turned up & finally we managed to enter.

The office is totally deserted, with no people in view. Upon sitted at our respective terminal, GL speaks that his PC's time shows 8:17 a.m. - it was exactly 1 hour slower than the time indicated on my watch. Then, he excitedly said something about Daylight Saving Time, which sounded totally 'alien' to me. As I am a little girl with little knowledge, so I asked him what is it? He gave me that outsmart-you-look saying "You do not know what is Daylight Saving Time?" and ask me to go search the web on my own>:P

Humbly I GooGLe it out! My search had lead me to here and the operating time for countries/territories is indicated here.

In short, Daylight Saving Time "makes" the sun "set" one hour later and therefore reduces the period between sunset and bedtime by one hour.

That means: An additional 1 hour in time difference between Italy & Malaysia, making it a total of 7 hours difference:(

0 Babbles:

Post a Comment

<< Home